- Build a sand castle on Pompano Beach.
- Visit the Museum of Discovery & Science to see an IMAX 3D movie.
- Explore the Everglades on an airboat ride.
- Play a round of mini golf or race go-karts at Boomers.
- Check out the world’s largest butterfly park, Butterfly World.
- Reserve jet ski rentals from American Watersports and cruise Fort Lauderdale beaches.
- Take surfing lessons from a Fort Lauderdale surf instructor.
- Grab smoothies and watch the waves from the beach.
- Catch a show at the Fort Lauderdale Children’s Theatre.
- Rainy day? Go to the Funderdome to experience the ropes course, the climbing wall, and more!
- Discover world-record fish at the IGFA Fishing Hall of Fame & Museum.
- Cruise along Fort Lauderdale beaches on an evening Jungle Queen Riverboat excursion.
- Interact with animals at the Sawgrass Nature Center.
- Go scuba diving off the shores of Fort Lauderdale.
- Jump the day away at an indoor trampoline park.
- Go kayaking off the shore of Pompano Beach.
Things to Do with Kids in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Are you and your family planning a spectacular getaway to the Fort Lauderdale area? You’ve made a solid choice, because Fort Lauderdale has many fun things to do with kids. From nearby theme parks to family-friendly beaches and jet ski rentals, Fort Lauderdale and the greater South Florida area is the perfect destination for a family vacation. American Watersports of Fort Lauderdale knows fun and has put together the following list of kid-friendly activities: