, Fort Lauderdale
in particular, is such a major tourist destination; there are literally hundreds of events, attractions, and exhibits for visitors to check out. With so many options, we thought it’d be helpful to narrow down the list for you! These activities are inexpensive and ensure a day of fun for your family and friends.
Top 5 Inexpensive Ft. Lauderdale Activities:
- Riverwalk: The Riverwalk is a waterfront park that lines the New River, downtown Fort Lauderdale. Visitors can enjoy the walk along the park for free. You are also invited to stop at the many restaurants, clubs, and other attractions adjacent to the Riverwalk.
- Las Olas Boulevard: After enjoying a leisurely walk along the beautifully maintained Riverwalk, head over to Las Olas Boulevard for some world-class shopping (or, to keep it free, window-shopping). Not only are there plenty of restaurants, shops, spas, galleries, and clubs to entertain tourists, but the boulevard also frequently features free events, like the annual art show, and performances done by local artists.
- Pompano Beach: The beach is an obvious choice for a day in Ft. Lauderdale. Save your money for the jet ski rentals by packing a cooler for lunch! If you would like some exercise sign up for American Watersports Hillsboro Lighthouse Tour. This 3 mile stand up paddleboard tour takes you to the private beach of the famous Hillsboro Lighthouse.
- Old Dillard Museum: For and educational and historic trip visit the Old Dillard Museum. This museum was originally an all-black school that was eventually turned into an African American history museum. Visitors can learn the history and culture of Fort Lauderdale’s African American residents. There are numerous free interactive exhibits for both children and adults, including a classroom that is set up exactly like that of a classroom in the 1920s.
- Hollywood Oceanfront Broadwalk: For a day in the sun explore nearby Hollywood, Florida’s oceanfront boardwalk. The boardwalk is a little over two miles long, and USA Today named it one of the top ten nostalgic promenades in the country in 2005. In addition to the incredible ocean views, cute shops, and charming eateries the Broadwalk also hosts many free musical performances and outdoor events throughout the year.
These are just some of the few economic activity choices in Ft. Lauderdale
. If you plan on spending your vacation at the beach contact American Water Sports Inc. for all of your activity needs. Call us at 954-946-1811
to reserve a jet ski rental
or kayak rental
. You can even check out our Sailboat rentals
and beach furniture rentals