Stand up paddle boards, also known as SUPs, have been around for a long time, but the sport has recently been gaining momentum. In fact, stand up paddle boarding is one of the most popular watersport activities in America, and with an affordable paddle board rental from American Watersports in Pompano Beach, FL, you can join in the fun! Check out our top reasons to try paddle boarding next time you’re near the water.
8 Reasons We Love Paddle Boarding
1. Easy to learn. Paddle boards are wide and stable. There is a bit of a learning curve, but it doesn’t take long to get the hang of it. Plus, when you rent an SUP from American Watersports, we’ll give you a simple crash course before you head to the water.
2. Fun for everyone. Boards and paddles come in a variety of lengths, so kids to seniors and everyone in between can enjoy paddling an SUP rental.
3. Solo or with a group. Paddle boarding can be fun on your own, with a friend, or you can join one of our SUP tours and enjoy some sightseeing along the way.
4 Exercise. Paddling an SUP will not only work your arms and shoulders, but it’s also a great core workout. Some people even choose to take their yoga practice onto their SUP.
5. Catch a wave. For some added adrenaline, you can even try surfing with your paddleboard!
6. Self-powered. Jet skis and other motorized watersports are great fun, but when you want to go a little more slowly under your own power, nothing beats an SUP or kayak.
7. Quiet contemplation. SUP rentals are quiet enough, so you can enjoy the view and won’t scare away wildlife, should you happen upon seabirds, fish, or sea turtles.
8 Affordable. Not all watersports have affordable entry points, but our paddle board rentals are available by the hour or by the day at great rates. And, if like many of our clients, you fall head over heels for stand up paddle boarding, you’ll be happy to know that in addition to rentals and tours, we also have a great line of paddle boards for sale.
Whatever your reason for trying paddle boarding, the next time you’re in the Fort Lauderdale area, contact American Watersports in Pompano Beach to reserve a paddle board rental so you can enjoy getting out for an adventure on the water. Call (954) 946-1811 if you have any questions or to make a reservation.